Yokohama Brass Meister is actively recruiting new members!
We are an amateur wind ensemble that strives to perform with a beautiful sound and expression that is similar to a professional setting.
Come and join us as we take our performances to a higher level.
*Two foreigners are joining as regular members. (As of May 2019)
See below for conditions.(Video used language is Japanese.)
[ CONDITIONS ]
◎ You must be able to speak and understand Japanese at a daily conversational level or better.
◎ You should not take behaviour that our group members feel uncomfortable.
◎ You must have at least two years of continuous experience with your instrument. (If you have had any breaks from playing, they should be relatively short.)
◎ You must own or rent your own instrument. (This excludes percussion instruments.)
◎ You must understand the ensemble's goals, attend practice weekly, and assist in group and concert preparations as needed.
（For those 18 and under）
- High school students are allowed to join with written parental permission.
- Junior high school students are allowed to join with written parental permission. Parents are also responsible for picking up and dropping off students at practice.
[ RECRUITING INSTRUMENTS AND NUMBER OF PEOPLE ]
The above number are estimates, so please don't hesitate to enquire.
We are not recruiting any parts not listed. Please check the list occasionally as it may change.
[ PRACTICE TIMES AND LOCATIONS ]
Please check the SCHEDULE page for the practice locations.
Practice is on Sunday evenings within Yokohama city limits.
All practice locations are accessible by public transportation.
[ MEMBERSHIP FEES ]
◎ The membership fee is 3000 yen per person per month.
◎ There is also an entry fee of 5000 yen, as well as per-person fees for the regular concert.
*Fees for junior high and high school students are the responsibility of the parent. We do not have student discounts.
[ HOW TO JOIN ]
Please fill out the form on the CONTACT! page with all the necessary information.
- We will reply to you with a list of days in which you may visit us for a trial practice.
- You may have up to four trial practices with us before you decide whether or not to join us.
- Auditions are not required, though the musical director may inquire about your musical history. We appreciate your cooperation in this regard.